- Easy to fit - self-calibrating
- Works straight out of the box!
- Uses 4 x AA batteries (supplied)
- Typical battery life 1 year
- Door closed indicator
- Safety sensor
- Adjustable light sensitivity (for closing)
- Headlight / lightning timing delay
- Lifts a door weighing between 300 grammes and 4 Kg
- Unique robust mechanism, patent pending.
- Battery level indicator
- Settings are retained when you need to change the batteries
- System LED light visible from approx. 100m
- Works in extreme weather
- Operates from -20°C to +50°C (-4°F to 122°F)
- Weatherproof casing made from UV resistant materials
- Customer support online, by email or phone
- FREE 3 year guarantee, subject to online registration.
- Servicing options outside of guarantee
- Made in Great Britain
The Brinsea ChickSafe Advance is a tough and reliable, digitally controlled system for automatically opening your hen house door in the morning and closing your hen house door as light levels drop in the evening, keeping your birds safe giving you peace of mind.
The ChickSafe Advance is battery powered (supplied) and easy to fit to any hen house with a vertical sliding (or hinged) door (visit www.brinsea.co.uk/chicksafe-door-setup for details).
Simply fix two screws into your hen house (supplied) and attach the cord to your existing door. No manual calibration is necessary: the ChickSafe Advance automatically adjusts to the height of your hen house door.
The ChickSafe Advance is tough and can raise and lower any vertical door from 300 grams to 4 Kg in weight. The Brinsea ChickSafe Advance has two systems to trigger the door to open or close: either by detecting changes in light level or using a real-time clock timer. It's also possible to program the system to be triggered by lowering light levels as well as a 'latest time to close' time setting. The sensitivity of the falling light level is user adjustable and the software looks for slow changes in light so isn't affected by car headlights at night, for example.
The Brinsea ChickSafe Advance has an indicator to show that the door is open, closed, battery low or fault alert. The digital control system also allows the user to override the automatic system and immediately either open or close the door or hold the door in its current position until the override is switched off - handy if trying to isolate birds in the hen house. The control also allows the user to delay the opening of the door in the morning on 2 days out of 7 to a selected time which can use used to keep the birds contained at weekends, for example. The ChickSafe Advance features 'auto-stop' if a chicken is obstructing the door.
Brinsea's door openers are weatherproof, work in extreme weather conditions and are made from UV resistant materials.
Brinsea ChickSafe Hen House Door Openers can be used with your existing sliding door or Brinsea's ChickSafe Hen House Door (part number CS005).
Like all Brinsea's products, the ChickSafe Advance has a FREE 3 year guarantee, subject to online registration.
If you are unsure of which ChickSafe model to buy, our handy specifications chart should help you to make up your mind: